Accomplishments and Goals
FY 2015/16 Accomplishments
- Continued to implement sections of the IT Strategic Technology Plan.
- Initiated the replacement of the City's ELM (Enterprise Land Management) system.
- Initiated the replacement of the City's Enterprise Cashiering system.
- Continued the replacement of the City's intranet (Surfnet) with SharePoint technology.
- Continued development of the City's Utility Billing system.
- Completed replacement of Police mobile data computers.
- Continued the replacement of Fire mobile data computers.
- Implemented the "Hot Red" radio program for Public Safety (800MHz system upgrade).
- Replaced obsolete computers for the Central Library and branch locations.
- Integrated a common City address database with ELM and Utility Billing applications.
- Continued deployment of internally developed business intelligence system.
- Replaced all inspector/code enforcement laptops with new durable systems.
- Implemented new Help Desk Call Center to increase call answering consistency.
- Built and configured new printer servers to increase consistency and reliability.
- Streamlined the computer user account creation process to meet employee start dates.
- Implemented water meter data capture to support new Utility Billing system.
- Upgraded Help Desk software to increase performance and availability.
- Continued GIS support for the General Plan update.
- Created and deployed new Coyote siting and monitoring mapping application.
- Created and deployed new Public Works Capital Improvement Projects mapping application.
- Developed the next generation Police mobile mapping application for the new mobile computers.
- Revised Water Valve Maintenance GIS application for new interface standards.
- Completed 2015 Water, Sewer and Storm atlases for Utilities.
- Converted and deployed new city-wide aerial photography for the 2015 update.
- Redesigned the City of Huntington Beach's public website.
FY 2016/17 Goals
- Implement the IS restructuring plan to improve customer service and IT governance.
- Continue replacement of the City's ELM (Enterprise Land Management) system.
- Continue migrating the City's intranet to Microsoft SharePoint technology.
- Continue to streamline internet content management with department owners.
- Continue the replacement of the City's Enterprise Cashiering system.
- Purchase and replace all remaining City radio equipment for the 800MHz upgrade project.
- Implement Police Department Microsoft SharePoint collaboration system pilot.
- Evaluate upgrade/replacement of CAD/RMS for funding in 2017/2018.
- Continue the replacement of the City Hall and Jail surveillance systems.
- Continue integrating GIS with the public website.
- Complete GIS maps supporting the General Plan.
- Continue uploading GIS data and applications to the GIS Cloud site.
- Continue with the water meter GIS data capture for Utilities.
- Expand and simplify mobility solutions and remote access for city employees.
- Evaluate remote site connectivity to improve performance.
- Implement new systems to thwart ransomware and other malicious attacks.
- Continue to improve computer security across all areas of the network.
- Complete installation of security event management to improve security incident response.
- Implement upgraded backup and disaster recovery system to improve dependability.
- Replace the obsolete City Hall data center core network switch to improve network speed.
- Replace wired and wireless network equipment at all Library locations.
- Replace the remaining 65 obsolete Library computers.
- Expand the service hours of the Help Desk call center.
- Implement the upgrade of desktop computers to Windows 10.
- Maintain current infrastructure support levels.
Did you know?
The City maintains 124 traffic signals. Report malfunctions to (714) 960-8861(City) or Caltrans (PCH & Beach Blvd) (949) 936-3600. You can also report a malfunction online.
City of Huntington Beach
2000 Main Street
Huntington Beach, CA
Phone: (714) 536-5515
Fax: (714) 536-5520